As Christmas whirls at us at a rapid pace the days continue to become warmer, the presents begin to make an appearance under the tree and the carols continue to play louder and louder as we sing along to our favorite songs.
One of these holidays fun baking experiments was Cake Pops! Seeing these everywhere I couldn’t wait to whip up a batch of these bad boys myself!
They are such a yummy and mouthful perfect size – easy to pop in and enjoy.
You can easily customize these delicious bites to your own most loved flavors and to suit any occasion!
So here you are! Daisy and the Foxes…
2 x 440g cake packet mix (I used butter and chocolate cake mix which both worked superbly)
3 tablespoons ready made icing per cake (betty crocker I found was quite a winner)
2 x 200g baking chocolate (white, milk or dark, what ever you like – all up to you!)
Crushed candy canes
100’s & 1000’s
40 lolly pop sticks
1. Bake the cake packet mixes according to the instructions and allow to cool completely2. Crumble the cakes to a fine crumb 3. Warm up the 3 tablespoons of the icing in the microwave (around 10-20 seconds) to make it more runnier and easy to stir through the crumbed cake.
4. Stir the icing through the crumbed cake and take heaped tablespoons of the cake mixture out and form into small balls
4. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set/harden the cake balls
5. Melt the chocolate, then dip the lolly pop sticks only slightly into the chocolate then gently push into the centre of each cake ball
6. Place in the fridge once more for around 10 minutes to further set
7. Make sure the chocolate is still melted (may require re-melting) and drizzle onto the cake pops then smooth over the chocolate with a spoon (you can try dipping in the cake pops although I found they fell apart very easily) 8. Then dip or sprinkle your cakes pops with your toppings and set aside standing up to set!
All done and done! These are such handy sweet nibbles that are perfect for gifts at Christmas time and having as a fun dessert when guests are over or even able to personalize for events such as birthdays!
Enjoy these delicious goodies 🙂
I’m off to the beach for a bit so it may become one of those ‘long time no see!’ situations (hopefully not!) but I hope you all have a merry and safe Christmas and enjoy all the good times this wonderful season brings!
Until next time – Merry Christmas!
DAISY AND THE FOX