In my opinion, (as I’m sure most of you agree), celebrations and good times most importantly need to be supported with the company of good friends and family, music, and how could we forget… DELICIOUS FOOD!
So in order to really kick the complete freedom of the holidays, I thought what better way to live it up then with these ultimate cupcakes.
These bad boys have seen me through my celebratory ‘no study’ nights, my 18th birthday and now coming back to greet me as we close up the academic year!
Ahhhh so much excitement for one night!!
Naturally, these goodies are totally fluffy (filled with vanilla bean goodness) and then topped with the ultimate accompaniment of my perfected recipe of buttercream with a swirl of raspberry jam, ya know, just for good luck.
I’m so thrilled to share this Daisy and the Fox original recipe!
So enough blab blabbing from me and lets paint the town red with this celebration starter!
Patty pans and piping bags at the ready?
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/4 cup custard powder, sifted
3/4 cup caster sugar
135g butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Raspberry Swirl Buttercream:
200g butter, softened
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 2 deep 12-hole patty pan tin with paper cases
2. Beat flour, custard powder, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla bean paste in an electrical mixer on low until all the ingredients are just combined. Then beat on medium speed for 4 minutes. Should look light and fluffy.
3. Divide into cases.
4. Bake around 20 minutes in the oven or until skewer entered comes out clean. Place cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
5. In the meantime we’re going to do the buttercream. Beat the butter in a small bowl until as white as possible. Gradually beat in half the sifted icing sugar, then the milk, then again gradually add the rest of the icing sugar.
6. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, line a piping bag with 3 stripes of the raspberry jam by running the spoon filled with the jam, from the end of the nozzle to the end of the bag, inside the piping bag. Fill with the butter cream and pipe.
Done and done!
Now go have yourself a little boogie and a jive – these bad boys are ready to party with!
Don’t forget to follow Daisy and the Fox on Instagram, for blog updates and everything fun and beautiful!
Thanks for stopping by
DAISY AND THE FOX