… I cheat
Sometimes it’s just too easy to sneak a little extra Monopoly money in the toilet break, or secretly role the dice again to get a better number…
…. I sincerely apologise my friends.
But something I won’t apologise for, (and neither should you) is making these utterly delicious, mouth watering cheat croissants…
But this time it doesn’t involve paper money or 2 sixes on the dice, merely a few humble sheets of puff pastry, a lil’ bit of apple, a dash of cinnamon and a whollle lotta buttery goodness.
Shall we share in this breakfast bliss together?
I think so!
A bit of a peace offering to my (hopefully not) former gaming buds some may say…
Puff pastry, apple & cinnamon, hazelnuts and coffee at the ready?
CHEAT APPLE & CINNAMON CROISSANTS WITH HOMEMADE NUTELLA
2 sheets puff pastry
100g butter, diced
1 apple, peeled, cored, diced
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 egg & 1 tablespoon water whisked together
recipe from – Chocolate Covered Katie
1. Role out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to 24cm x 30cm, it will soften as you role it
2. Lightly flour one sheet of puff pastry and place the other on top. Cut the pastry length ways in half, then cut both your halves into 4 rectangles. Cut the now 8 rectangles diagonally creating 16 triangles.
3. Preheat oven to 180C.
4. Separate the puff pastry sheets and place diced butter between the two sheets, lightly roll to flatten, place diced apple at the wide end of the triangle, sprinkle cinnamon on top, lightly roll up, and fold the ends in to form a crescent shape.
5. Place the croissants on a lined baking tray, brush the egg wash over each of them, and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden and puffed.
6. Serve with a nice spread of homemade nutella (highly recommend my friends) or jam, and a nice mug of hot coffee alongside the newspaper or your favourite book.