1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
125g (4oz) butter
250g (8oz) milk arrowroot biscuits
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
1 cup coconut (desiccated or shredded – up to you – I tend to do half each for a nice mix – but up to you)
Lemon and Lime Icing:
2 1/4 cup icing sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
2 1/2 tablespoons coconut
1. Place sweetened condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined
Blend the bad boys up!
3. Add crushed biscuits to lemon and lime rind, and coconut and mix well
4. Add warm milk and butter mixture to biscuit crumb mixture, now here comes the fun bit!! : mix ingredients together with your hands (the best bit is licking your hands when your done )
5. Press into a greased tin (around 28cm x 20cm) and refrigerate for around an hour or place in the freezer for approx 20 mins – enough time to make that icing!6. Lemon and Lime Icing:
Combine sifted icing sugar, lemon and lime juice, and softened butter in a bowel and mix until smooth icing
(I know that sifted icing sugar is one of the most tedious of tasks – but I do have a handy tip for you! Place the icing sugar in a coffee grinder and grind that baby up and you’ll have ‘sifted’ icing sugar hassle and time wasting free!)
7. Ice the with the Lemon and Lime Icing and sprinkle with shredded coconut if you would like. It makes it easy to spread the icing if you fill a glass with hot water and dip your knife in and then you can spread with ease!
Enjoy this delicious goodie!!