2 x 440g cake packet mix (I used butter and chocolate cake mix which both worked superbly)
3 tablespoons ready made icing per cake (betty crocker I found was quite a winner)
2 x 200g baking chocolate (white, milk or dark, what ever you like – all up to you!)
Crushed candy canes
100′s & 1000′s
40 lolly pop sticks
1. Bake the cake packet mixes according to the instructions and allow to cool completely2. Crumble the cakes to a fine crumb 3. Warm up the 3 tablespoons of the icing in the microwave (around 10-20 seconds) to make it more runnier and easy to stir through the crumbed cake.
4. Stir the icing through the crumbed cake and take heaped tablespoons of the cake mixture out and form into small balls
4. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set/harden the cake balls
5. Melt the chocolate, then dip the lolly pop sticks only slightly into the chocolate then gently push into the centre of each cake ball
6. Place in the fridge once more for around 10 minutes to further set
7. Make sure the chocolate is still melted (may require re-melting) and drizzle onto the cake pops then smooth over the chocolate with a spoon (you can try dipping in the cake pops although I found they fell apart very easily)8. Then dip or sprinkle your cakes pops with your toppings and set aside standing up to set!
All done and done! These are such handy sweet nibbles that are perfect for gifts at Christmas time and having as a fun dessert when guests are over or even able to personalize for events such as birthdays!
Enjoy these delicious goodies